Tool4Cool® - Software and Manual
Minimum system requirements:
- PC with min. 1 GHz Intel Pentium III processor or equivalent, and min. 500MB available memory
- PC operating system: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 with the latest patches and updates for Windows released by Microsoft.
- .NET Framework with the latest patches and updates for .NET Framework released by Microsoft (www.microsoft.com/NET) .
- If .NET is not yet installed Tool4Cool® will try to download and install it.
In order to set up and run Tool4Cool® LabEdition with a Secop controller, the user must first have the following items and information, all available from the controller supplier:
- Controller type and version number
- Secop controller Operating Instructions/Quick Start Guide
- Product Key for each controller type and version, for more details see below.
- Parameter Definition File, for more details see below. Required for certain controllers only.
- Cables and adaptors for network connection.
Product Key & Parameter Definition File
The Product Key is an alphanumeric code, which is specific to one type and version of Secop controller. The user must enter the Product Key to gain access to the Tool4Cool® LabEdition functions for the Secop controller.
The user access level is coded into the Product Key, defining which parameters and level of the controller the user is entitled to access. For user access at a different level, a new Product Key is required.
A separate Product Key is required for every individual controller type and version to be connected to a network.
The Product Key is available from the supplier of the application.
Generic Product Keys for 101N2xxx and 101N5xxx Series Controllers (High Customer Level):
101N2??? V??.?? Customer high
101N5??? V??.?? Customer high
Parameter Definition File
The Parameter Definition File contains the parameter data and settings specific to one type and version of Secop controller.
For some controllers, the Parameter Definition File must be imported. For others, the software will automatically obtain the Parameter Definition File from the controller electronics. When a Parameter Definition File import is required, the system will make a request via a dialog in the software.
When required, the Parameter Definition File is available from the supplier on a CD or as a file attachment via email.