Secop plans consolidation of European component production in Slovakia
- Relocation of component production from Austria to Slovakia planned within 2016
- Planned measures affect approximately 120 employees in Secop Austria, Fürstenfeld
- Future of Secop Austria as a product and process technology competence center secured
Fürstenfeld, May 13th 2015 – In order to be competitive also in the future and to further strengthen our market position, we continue to further optimize our European manufacturing footprint. We have therfore decided to consolidate our manufacturing of components at our facility in Zlate Moravce, Slovakia. It is planned to relocate the component production from Austria to Slovakia within 2016.
In paralell the Secop Group will further optimize different functional areas and by that utilize synergies in the European footprint.
From today’s point of view, the planned measures are going to affect approximately 120 employees in Secop Austria.
In the future, Secop Austria will focus on three main areas:
- The Global Technology area is headquartered in Fürstenfeld. It is responsible for the development of highly efficient and innovative compressor technologies for the entire Secop Group. A particular focus is being placed on the consistent further development of energy efficient variable speed compressors for the Household, Light Commercial and DC powered segment.With these highly innovative technologies Secop addresses both megatrends efficiency and low noise level. Moreover, the smaller compressors convince with an excellent cost-performance ratio. Secop will also in the future continue to invest in product innovation in order to continuously strengthen their competitive position as technology leader.
- The Management decided to establish a Manufacturing Engineering Excellence competence center in Austria, which will utilize the existing process know-how to further improve the Secop production facilities in Europe and China.
- Fürstenfeld will continue to run highly automated production lines and continuously optimize its process competence.
The implementation of the planned measures will ensure the future of Secop Austria as a product and process technology competence center for the entire Secop Group.
Secop GmbH is a leading compressor manufacturer committed to develop and support technologies and products that promote energy efficiency.
The company, active in the sectors of household, light commercial and mobile systems refrigeration, has developed a range of compressors which operate with the use of hydrocarbons, R600a (isobutane) and R290 (propane). Secop, formerly known as Danfoss Household Compressors, belongs to the German AURELIUS Group of companies since 2010.
With more than 50 years rich heritage Secop has had a successful presence all over Europe and is looking forward to prospective vision of future globally. It is committed to leading the industry and delivering performance that is standard setting never just standard practice. This is the essence of Secop claimed ‘Setting the Standard’.
Rudolf Mirth, Managing Director Secop Austria GmbH
Phone + 43 3382 5010-340